Eligibility for HECS-HELP
You are eligible for HECS-HELP if you:
- are enrolled as a Commonwealth supported student; and
- meet the citizenship and residency requirements. That is, you must be:
- an Australian citizen living in Australia for part of your program, or
- the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your program, or
- A New Zealand Special Category Visa (NZ SCV) holder who meets the long-term residency requirements, and who will be living in Australia for part of your program. See studyassist.gov.au for more information.
You must also:
- complete your online Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF) for the program on or before the census date through myEnrolment
Please see studyassist.gov.au for more information.
Please note: We are required by the Australian Government to cancel enrolments of any student who fails to comply with the above by Census Date.
If you are not eligible for HECS-HELP please refer to the Information for Permanent Residents and New Zealand citizens.