Frequently Asked Questions

What is the legal status of UniSA?

The University of South Australia is a body corporate pursuant to the University of South Australia Act 1990.
UniSA's ABN is 37 191 313 308.

What needs to be referred to the UniSA Legal?

Any contract to which UniSA is a party, which is not a standard UniSA contract.
Queries on issues which have or may have legal implications for UniSA.

Who has authority to sign contracts on behalf of UniSA?

Contracts must be signed in accordance with the Vice Chancellor's authorisations

Where can I get a copy of the certificate of currency of UniSA's insurance policies?

Contact the University's Insurance Office within the Finance Unit.

Where can I find a Justice of the Peace?

Justices of the Peace can be found on each UniSA campus. Contact details can be found here.

Can UniSA Legal provide advice on personal legal matters?

No, you will have to obtain independent legal advice.
For assistance you may contact the UniSA Legal Advice Clinic operated by the UniSA Law School or the Law Society of South Australia for assistance in locating a lawyer. If you are a student, you may also wish to contact USASA.