The University is committed to:
- Providing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for staff, students, contractors and visitors, and
- To the continuous improvement of injury prevention and injury management programs.
This commitment is in accordance with the provisions of the Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA),
the Return to Work Act 2014 (SA) and the Return to Work SA Code of Conduct for Self-Insured Employers 2016.
Prior to the commencement of work on any University campus or building, all contractors must successfully complete UniSA's Online Contractor Program: 'Working Safely at UniSA'. The completion of 'Working Safely at UniSA' is mandatory, and access will not be provided prior to the completion of this online program. To maintain awareness of the procedures and management for contractors at UniSA and to enable access to UniSA premises, the online program, 'Working Safely at UniSA' is to be completed annually. Queries relating to the online program 'Working Safely at UniSA' can be directed to the Facilities Management Unit by calling 8302 1646.
Click here to access the Working Safely at UniSA - online program for contractors or go to your local FM Assist office to undertake the online induction.
Click here to access the Working safely at UniSA Contractors Manual
Upon completion of the online program for contractors; 'Working Safely at UniSA' and prior to the initial commencement of work on UniSA campuses or buildings, contractors are required to:
- Report to the FM Assist Office.
- Security staff will review the Contractor ID System to confirm that 'Working Safely at UniSA' has been completed.
- Upon confirmation of the completion of the program and presentation of a photo ID a Contractor ID Card will be issued. A valid driver's licence is the preferred form of identification.
- Contractor ID Cards are issued by the University at no cost to the contractor.
- Contractor ID Cards are to be displayed at ALL times whilst on University property and MUST be presented on demand by Security or University personnel.
If you have not completed the online program, 'Working Safely at UniSA' you will not be provided with a Contractor ID Card and will not have access to the site.
It is an expectation that the online program for contractors is completed in advance of the work commencement date. In the circumstances where completion of the 'Working Safely at UniSA' has not been completed in advance and/or the contractor has had difficulties in accessing the online program, the Security staff can make available access to a PC to enable the completion of the program.
Upon subsequent visits to University campuses or buildings, contractors are required to:
- Report to the FM Assist office and present the Contractor ID Card.
- 'Sign in' prior to the commencement of works.
- Display the Contractor ID Card at ALL times whilst on University property and present the Contractor ID card to Security or University personnel on demand.
- Ensure the site area is secure at the end of each day and sign out at FM Assist.
Contractors will still be required to participate in a range of other forums designed to provide further OHSW project /program specific information. This includes but is not limited to OHSW procedures such as;
- Contractor Management
- Confined Spaces
- Construction Start-Up Workshops
- Site Tours
- Contractor Induction packages as part of the induction or construction start-up process.
Queries relating to the online program 'Working Safely at UniSA', can be directed to your Contract Supervisor or by contacting the Facilities Management Unit on Telephone: 8302 1646