Student Ambassador Program
Overview of the program
The University has established a volunteer student ambassador program as part of its prospective student outreach program. This program provides selected current UniSA students with the opportunity to represent the university through various events and activities.
The aims of the Ambassador Program are to:
- Provide a valuable marketing/communications related development opportunity for current students
- Provide an opportunity for secondary school and other prospective students to have direct contact with successful role models
- To assist the University in managing the increasing demand for representation in a variety of forums.
Who are Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors are undergraduate students who are usually in their second, third or fourth year of study. Ambassadors are:
- Confident, enthusiastic and approachable
- Excellent communicators
- Flexible, pro-active and dedicated
- Well presented
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive, with a realistic approach to University life
- Ready to positively promote the University and offer appropriate, unbiased advice
- Good team members
- Prepared to share their own experiences.
Role of Student Ambassadors
When representing the University, Ambassadors will:
- Communicate with people of all ages to encourage, motivate and inspire them to commence, continue and complete their studies successfully
- Provide prospective students and their friends and family, with an insight into university life and study based on your own experiences.
- Provide students and parents with information on application and admission processes, UniSA's degrees and student services.
- Actively participate at Open Day, information evenings, high school visits, campus tours and other events.
- Meet and help visitors to the University.
Why become a Student Ambassador?
As a UniSA Student Ambassador you will:
- Further develop your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Have the opportunity to attend professional development and networking events
- Improve your employability – it looks great on your resume
- Receive a certificate of recognition from the Vice Chancellor.
A Student Ambassador's Obligations
To participate in the Student Ambassador program, Ambassadors:
- Will commit to the program for the entire year
- Will work a minimum 3 events over the duration of their role
- Will be required to attend training workshops, events and meetings scheduled by the University for the Student Ambassador Program
- Must not have a disciplinary record or be currently under charges within the University judicial system
- Will be required to undergo a police check
- May be approached for assistance with other university activities and events
- Will be required to promote the University and should offer appropriate and unbiased advice, so that prospective students are aware of the choices open to them.
Reward and recognition
As part of the program, student ambassadors will be provided with:
- University clothing as is available and appropriate to the role
- The opportunity to participate in divisional and university wide marketing meetings
- Professional development opportunities
- A certificate of recognition from the Vice Chancellor
- End of year function to thank our Ambassadors for their work
Applications for Business and Law Student Ambassadors for 2018 have now closed.