Application Tips

How to apply

Application procedures differ for the various scholarships and grants at UniSA. You will generally apply either:

  • Using my Scholarships
  • Through the South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC), for equity and Indigenous Commonwealth scholarships
  • Directly through the school or division administering the scholarship
  • For postgraduate research degrees, as part of your online application for your degree.

It is important to refer to the scholarship or grant description to find out which application method applies.

Applying through my Scholarships

Once you are enrolled at UniSA you can apply for a range of scholarships through my Scholarships, accessed via your my UniSA student portal. Choose from the list of available scholarships and you will be guided through the application process.

Applying through SATAC

(For equity scholarships and Indigenous Commonwealth scholarships)

By submitting one application through SATAC you will be considered for all equity scholarships offered by UniSA, including UniSA study grants and transition grants. If you are an Indigenous student you will also be considered for Indigenous Commonwealth scholarships including Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarships (CECS), Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships (CAS), CECS-Indigenous enabling, CAS-Indigenous enabling and Indigenous access scholarships.

If you are a new student you can apply at the same time as you apply for your UniSA program. Please be aware of important dates. You will be asked to provide either your SATAC application reference number (which you will be given when you apply for entry into your program through SATAC) or student number and will need to provide proof of financial need.

Applying through your division or school

Each division or school has its own scholarships. The application process varies. Refer to the scholarship or grant description for more information.

Scholarships for postgraduate research degrees

UniSA offers a broad range of scholarships to both domestic and international students looking to undertake a higher degree by research. Your application for scholarships is part of your online application for admission to research degrees.

Commonwealth Start Up and Relocation scholarships

The Commonwealth Government’s Student Start Up Scholarship and Relocation Scholarship are paid to students to assist with the costs of tertiary study and living away from home. They are administered by Centrelink and are paid directly to eligible Centrelink customers. There is no need to apply for these scholarships.