Eligibility for HECS-HELP

You are eligible for HECS-HELP if you:

  • are enrolled as a Commonwealth supported student; and
  • meet the residency requirements. That is, you must be:
    • an Australian citizen living in Australia for part of your program, or
    • the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your program, or
    • A New Zealand Special Category Visa (NZ SCV) holder who meets the long-term residency requirements, and who will be living in Australia for part of your program. See studyassist.gov.au for more information.

To Request a HECS-HELP loan you must:

  • complete your online Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF) for the program on or before the census date through myEnrolment, and
  • supply your tax file number (TFN) on or before the census date in the online Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF) through myEnrolment,

or you must make full up front payment

Please see studyassist.gov.au for more information.

Please note: We are required by the Australian Government to cancel enrolments of any student who fails to comply with the above by Census Date.

If you are not eligible for HECS-HELP please refer to the Information for Permanent Residents and New Zealand citizens.