Permanent Residents and NZ citizens

If you are an Australian Permanent Resident or a New Zealand citizen, living in Australia for the duration of your study, then you are eligible for a Commonwealth supported place. A Commonwealth supported place is one where the Australian Government contributes to the cost of your higher education and you pay the remaining amount called the student contribution.

However, Australian Permanent Residents and New Zealand citizens who are not Special Category Visa (NZ CSV) holders who meet the long-term residency requirements are NOT eligible for HELP loans. This means you cannot defer your student contribution to HECS-HELP.

NZ SCV holders who do meet the long term residency requirements are eligible for HELP loans, please see the site for more information.

To secure your place you must:

  • Pay your student contribution before the due date of each study period
  • Complete and submit the following on or before the census date:
    • an online Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF) via myEnrolment, or
    • a paper Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP form (available from Campus Central)
  • Enrol via myEnrolment in a course before census date and remain enrolled at census date.

Please note: We are required by the Australian Government to cancel enrolments of any student who fails to comply with the above by Census Date.

For more information see Commonwealth supported places and HECS-HELP.