Research and Study
As a student of the University, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with copyright.
If you are using copyright material in your assignments and research, you can do so without infringing copyright if:
- You own the copyright;
- Your copying or scanning of the work complies with the limits and conditions in the Copyright Act for a 'Fair Dealing' for the purpose of Research & Study;
- You have a license to use the work;
- You are using a short extract or quote;
- You have written permission from the Copyright owner;
- Copyright in the work has expired (public domain); and
- You acknowledge the source and authorship of any work you are copying.