Travel Insurance

(for eligible students)

UniSA provides eligible students with Travel Insurance for study related travel.

Travel Insurance cover is only provided free of charge if:
1. You do not have any pre-existing medical conditions.
2. Your age while travelling does not exceed 74 years.
3. You are receiving academic credit for the study related travel.

If your circumstances are different to the above, you may still be able to access UniSA travel insurance, but your individual circumstances will need to be assessed.

Prior to commencing your travel you must:

You must registration of all travel plans via  a completion of a Business Travel Request (‘BTR’) form;which is a mandatory requirement for all staff and students travelling as part of a university program.

To access the BTR, navigate to your Business Travel portal in Appian. Your portal provides links to the BTR form and your Traveller Profile (which must be updated before each request), as well as links to your current and historic BTRs (when initiated within Appian).

University Travel Insurance coverage is automatically assessed based on your specific answers given within the BTR, follow any directions given in relation to Travel Insurance Cover which appear at the end of the BTR process.

Unless travel arrangements are registered on a BTR prior to commencement of travel, lodging a claim for any event giving rise to a claim, will be problematic.    

It is also strongly recommended that staff and students resister their travel plans with the Australian Government's Smarttraveller service:

Policy excess:
UniSA Travel Insurance has a standard policy excess (or deductible) of $250 and a $500 excess for electronic equipment. The traveller is responsible for any excess deducted on settlement of a claim.

UniSA is not responsible for expenses incurred that are not covered by the policy.

Travel Policy Information: