National Criminal History Check and Screening Assessments

Researchers who intend to undertake research in South Australia with minors or to enter a school, pre-school, childcare centre or other educational facilities in any capacity are required to obtain a criminal history and clearance check.

Researchers who undertake research with vulnerable adults or aged care services are also required to obtain an appropriate clearance before undertaking the relevant research.

Clearances can be obtained from the South Australian Department of Human Services Screening Check system. Individuals can only obtain a clearance via their organisation.

Information on how to obtain a clearance via UniSA is as follows:

Students: You will need to ask your Unit if they already have a process for this, or if not, ask them to establish one.

Further information is available at