Bupa Ambassador Program
The Bupa Ambassador program is an opportunity for current UniSA students to gain hands-on work experience with a leading Australian organisation. They will be provided with training, support and development opportunities to help build valuable skills for their resume. The primary aim of the program is to provide information and guidance to UniSA students regarding their health cover and benefits, with a focus on new International Students.
Students will be able to ask queries and seek advice from the peer ambassadors to clarify any confusion they have regarding their medical coverage. There will be 2-4 ambassadors for each metropolitan campus who will carry out the program throughout the study period under the supervision of coordinator(s).
Why become a Bupa Ambassador?
- Improve your leadership and communication skills
- Receive training & support from the coordinator(s) throughout the program
- Gain experience in planning, organising and facilitating workshops/seminars
- Receive $150 visa gift card from Bupa to each ambassador upon completion of the program
- Receive certificate from Bupa and UniSA for your hard work and commitment
- Receive an exclusive Bupa Ambassador beanie
- 1:1 CV coaching session with Bupa representative, with Predictive Index test provided
- Opportunity to attend the exclusive Bupa hosted Luncheon
- Get recognised under the Leadership and Enterprise pillar of the UniSA+ program
- Opportunity to attend the UniSA Volunteer Appreciation party at the end of the year
What does it involve?
- Participation in training conducted by the coordinators
- 20-30 hr commitment for the whole study period
- Follow the roster to be on campus central one day a week to assist the students
- Assist the new students to get their health cover card and to process the reimbursements
- Arrangements and execution of activation/workshops with guidance from the coordinators
- Provide reliable information to commencing students regarding their health insurance policies
Who can apply?
Any current UniSA international student who:
- Has completed 1 year's study (undergraduate) or 6 months (postgraduate) of their degree
- Is a current Bupa member
- Already has or is willing to obtain a current DCSI clearance
- Can demonstrate strong communication skills
- Is accountable and responsive
- Ambassadors are volunteering their time to support their peers
- Ambassadors are under no obligation to be available 24/7
- Commitment of 20-30 hours for the Study period is required from the ambassadors
- Ambassadors would be accountable and committed to their role
- Ambassadors will have the responsibility to plan, organise, and facilitate any activation/event/workshops during the study period with the support from the coordinators
- Ambassadors will ensure that their actions do not deliver any wrong impression and information regarding Bupa health care services and they do not exploit new students to gain personal, material, or financial advantage
Who are Bupa?
Bupa is a world leading Health & Care organisation with over 22,000 people in Australia and New Zealand, with the purpose to help people live longer, healthier, and happier lives. In Australia, they help to take care of people through their leading health insurance services as well as providing a personalized, multidiscipline approach to care through modern Dental clinic network, Bupa Optical stores, Bupa Medical Visa services, Bupa Aged Care Homes, Therapy Hub and Medical and Wellbeing Centre. To learn more, visit www.bupa.com.au/
How do you apply?
Please follow the link to lodge your expression of interest (EOI) and someone from the coordinators team would get in touch with you. You would be shortlisted and called for the training through email communication. Attendance and participation on the training day would be a part of the selection process.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Monamee Ishika, Monamee.Ishika@unisa.edu.au.