The UniMentor peer mentoring program is designed to provide information, guidance and advice to help new students navigate uni life. New students are matched with current UniSA students from their Division and/or program who understand what it’s like to be a new student at UniSA.
How do UniMentors assist new students?
UniMentors are required to regularly contact their assigned mentees (new students to UniSA) throughout their first study period to see how everything is going and if they have any questions. UniMentors may be in contact with their mentees via email, through regular meetings or at Orientation & other social events & activities throughout the study period.
Why be a UniMentor?
- practice and improve your leadership and communication skills
- receive comprehensive training & support from the coordinators throughout the program
- build a global network of friends,
- receive an exclusive UniMentor t-shirt
- receive a certificate in recognition of successful completion of the training as well as being recognised for one program under the Leadership and Enterprise pillar of the UniSA+ program
- receive a recommendation to your LinkedIn profile
- access to professional development opportunities
- receive an invitation to a recognition & celebration event
What does it involve?
- Completion of online training module and a face-face training session
- 1-2 hr commitment per week
- You need to have or be willing to obtain a current DCSI clearance (we can assist you to obtain one if needed - the cost involved is $59)..
Who can apply?
Any current UniSA students who:
- Have completed 1 year's study (undergrad)* or 6 months (postgrad)
- Understand the challenges of being a new student
- Can demonstrate good communication skills and empathy
*UniSA College students must have successfully completed 8 courses with the College
How do you apply?
We are now recruiting for 2018 UniMentors.
We are seeking UniMentors from all Divisions as well as UniSA College. If you would like to apply please click the relevant link below. Applications close Friday 19 January 2018.
School of Business
Division of Health Sciences
Division of Education, Arts & Social Sciences
Division of IT, Engineering and the Environment
UniSA College Alumni
If you have any questions about the UniMentor program, please contact Helen Stapleton - Project Officer, Student Engagement Unit on (08) 8302 0019 or at email@example.com.
Need some help?
If you haven't found the study support you need here, make an appointment to chat to a Learning Adviser by contacting Campus Central or book online.