The Business Career Mentor Program is an innovative scheme pairing students and recent graduates with experienced business professionals to enhance employability.
The program is designed to develop career management skills, industry knowledge and workforce transition. Matching is based on shared interests and areas of speciality. The program is open to those studying internally, externally, part-time, full-time or living remotely (country SA, interstate or overseas).
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate Business School program
- GPA of 4 or above
- Minimum of 8 courses completed in your current degree (undergraduate students only)
For Recent Graduates:
All applicants must commit to:
- the Program from May - November
- an online interview
- a training and preparation session
- submission of your goals for the program
- completion of a mentoring agreement
- attending Connect, a networking event
- a minimum of a 1 hour meeting per month (face to face, online or phone)
- a minimum of 6 monthly reflections, to be submitted by the end of each month
- meeting program deadlines
- completing feedback for the program
Applications for the 2017 program have now closed.
To register your interest for 2018, please click on the Expressions of Interest box below.
If you have any questions relating to the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the Business Career Mentor Program
Submit your details to be included on the 2018 EOI list.
Do you have a question about the program? Find the answer here.
Log on to update your details and register for training and events.
Previous students talk about their experiences in the program.
All the information you need to know about the program.
Find out more about the mentors currently involved in the program.
Connect Event 2016
Recognition Event 2016