When to contact the Student Ombud

The Student Ombud is the last internal person you can contact when all local attempts to resolve your problem or complaint has failed within the University. However in cases of unlawful discrimination and harassment, you may approach the Student Ombud directly to find out what options are available. The Student Ombud will identify the appropriate manner in which your complaint should be investigated and monitor whether the process has been fair to students. Sometimes this can be confusing, and you can still contact the Student Ombud for a confidential conversation to find out what options are available to you.

You may consider contacting the Student Ombud:

  • if you are unsure how policies and procedures relate to your concerns
  • if you believe you have experienced discrimination, harassment or bullying
  • if you are unhappy with the result of a formal internal complaint