Community and Government Services

Did you know about the support available in the wider community for a range of situations?

Bond and Rent Assistance

HousingSA may be able to help you with the bond for a rental property. Register online for HousingSA's PR Connect or complete an application form and lodge your documents with HousingSA. Assistance with the advance rent may also be available.

Rent assistance is available to people receiving some Centrelink payments.   

Trying to manage your money better? Take a look at the handy budget planner on the Moneysmart website.

Consumer and Business Services - Tenancies

Free tenancies advice and support for renters, including in languages other than English.
91 Grenfell Street, Adelaide  Ph: 131 882

SACAT - South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal

SACAT deals with housing disputes in relation to residential tenancy and rooming house agreements. The service is free for full-time students. 
Note: SACAT does not deal with boarder or lodger disputes.

Tenants' Information and Advocacy Service

TIAS provides free and independent information, advice and advocacy for people on low incomes. Ph: 1800 060 462

Legal Advice

UniSA's Legal Advice Clinic and the Legal Helpline Ph: 1300 366 424 provide free legal advice.

How to find emergency housing


A free online service connecting you with the closest place to get help and advice if you are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Download the Pickle App.

Homelessness Gateway

Help if you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.

St John's Youth Services

Range of practical services tailored for each individual's circumstances and housing needs.


Practical advice and support for young people aged 15 - 25 years who are looking for suitable housing. Direct referrals to emergency and long term youth specific accommodation. Visit Trace-a-Place for more details. 135 - 139 Currie Street, Adelaide.  Ph: 1300 306 046

Aboriginal Hostels

Advice and referrals to Aboriginal hostels. Ph: +61 8 8346 9417

Migrant Women's Support Service

Provides help and emergency accommodation for migrant women and children escaping domestic violence. Ph: +61 8 8346 9417

Crisis Care

Overnight emergency service. Telephone counselling, crisis assessment and referral to longer term support agencies. Ph: 131 611


Back to Homepage

Helpful Resources

Hear from Students

Watch current students discuss their accommodation experiences.

Watch student videos

About Adelaide

Adelaide is a bustling multicultural city famous for its wine, food and festivals.

Discover Adelaide


Find the best way to get to UniSA. Explore the right transport options for you.

See transport options