The university offers a comprehensive range of services to deliver an excellent standard of social and pastoral support for students and to ensure that students enjoy being part of the unique community at the University of South Australia.  

Browse the categories below to find the services you need.

Campus Central is your one-stop-shop for almost all student services and matters of student administration.  They can assist you if you have questions about any aspect of student life, from enrolment through to graduation. They have offices and staff on each campus who are available to answer your questions and to help make your life at university easier.  They can also make an appointment for you to see a specialist in any of the following services:

  • Study support
  • International student support
  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services
  • Career Services
  • Counselling Services
  • Disability Services

Contact Campus Central for an appointment or make a booking online.

Advocates are trained in providing advice and advocacy to students on a range of issues. Advocates have particular expertise in implementing students' rights in the areas of academic and educational complaints.  Some of the complaints and issues we can assist students with are:

  • Requests for remarking and resubmissions
  • Appeals against allegations of academic misconduct (including plagiarism)
  • Advice regarding University policy
  • Appeals against final grades
  • Appeals against intention to preclude
  • Appeals against allegations of examination misconduct
  • Issues with lecturers
  • Referral to other services inside and outside of the University

Contact USASA Advocacy Service

If you are feeling stressed about an issue and are uncertain of the best way to manage your reactions, you may make an appointment with a Counsellor in the Student Engagement Unit.  A Counsellor can listen to your concerns and assist you with managing the emotional impact of the issue on your studies and wellbeing.  Although Counsellors can provide you with support, they do not play a role in advocating on your behalf as a student.

Counsellors are located on each metropolitan campus and can assist students with a wide range of issues.

Contact Campus Central to make an appointment with a Counsellor or make a booking online.

UniSA provides a range of services for students and staff to minimise the impact of disability or medical conditions on their ability to work and study.  Access and Inclusion are provided in a sensitive and confidential manner, on an individual basis depending on individuals’ needs.  Support may include a range of specialised services such as sign language interpreting, alternative format print material and loan equipment.

Contact Campus Central to make an appointment with an Access and Inclusion Advisor  or make a booking online.


Wirringka Student Services offers Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students a friendly, comfortable and supportive place to study. Staff and facilities are accessible at all UniSA campuses including regional locations with staff available by phone, email and skype for external students. You can contact an Aboriginal Student Engagement Officer directly to assist you.

The Study Support team can help you with your study or assignments and give you the skills, information and support to succeed at UniSA.  They have developed a range of online resources, workshops and learning support services, all aimed at helping you through your courses and assessments.  If the online resources have not fully answered your study questions, you can speak with a Learning Adviser. 

There are drop-ins available on every campus to meet with a Learning Adviser to get some personalised advice about your study needs or you may Contact Campus Central to make an appointment or make a booking online.

Student Advisers (International) are available to help give you the best possible experience at UniSA. If you would like to speak to someone with specialised knowledge of the issues facing international students, then please get in touch by:

The Student Ombud is an academic staff member of the University who is authorised to conduct enquiries and take action to resolve complaints raised by students under the Student Complaints Resolution. 

The role of the Student Ombud is to ensure that all students receive fair and equitable treatment within the University of South Australia.  The Student Ombud is there to provide advice and, if appropriate, independently investigate your complaint to determine whether you have been treated fairly and that all the correct policies and procedures have been followed.  Although part of the University, the Student Ombud is independent and impartial.

With the exception of complaints about bullying, discrimination or harassment, the Student Ombud will normally only intervene in a complaint when all other avenues for resolution have been exhausted. However any party to a complaint may seek advice from the Student Ombud at any stage.

Find out more information about the Student Ombud.

The UniSA Online Student Adviser team is available 7 days a week to help UniSA Online students enrol, discuss study goals, provide information about support services and be your first point of call for any other queries you may have during your online studies.  Contact the team by:

  • Calling 1300 148 812
  • Submitting an enquiry via our Enquiry Form