- Insurer: CGU Insurance Limited
- Policy No: 24F2434681
Any licensed driver authorised to drive a University vehicle will be covered by this policy, standard exclusions still apply. This policy covers loss or damage to the University's vehicle and the legal liability out of the use of the University's vehicle Australia wide.
The standard excess for this policy is $500, however an additional Age and Inexperienced Driver excess also applies (breakage of glass on vehicles up to 2 tonne carries a nil excess).
UniSA does not generally provide insurance for staff personal vehicles, see the section below for further details. Employees who are required to use their own vehicles for work related purposes must have the vehicle comprehensively insured. Please refer to Use of Private Vehicle for Business Travel guidelines for more details.
Vehicles that are leased under an agreement such as LeasePlan (salary sacrifice) should be referred to the leasing company. LeasePlan buys the insurance for these vehicles through Lumley General. If you wish to enquire about a LeasePlan vehicle call Mary Radimissis on 8302 3499 or LeasePlan on 8292 7512; or if your enquiry relates to payroll salary sacrifice call Sharon Olsson on 8302 1786.
(Note: Lumley General is also the insurer for the University's vehicles however the policies are separate and the insurance for leased vehicles is not managed by UniSA).
Motor vehicle insurance claim procedures
- Contact the Insurance Office regarding your eligibility to claim. Losses below our excess can not be claimed.
- Notify your Cost Centre Manager that you are placing an Insurance Claim. The Cost Centre will be required to cover the cost of the Insurance Policy excess (usually $500, but higher excesses apply for inexperienced drivers).
- Lodge a claim direct with CGU by phoning 132480 and quote policy number 24F2434681.
- Alternatively you can obtain a claim form from the Insurance Office. Once your claim form is lodged CGU will make contact with you to discuss your repair options.
- When the assessor has inspected the vehicle and authorised the repairs, the repairer now has approval to commence work on your vehicle.
- BEFORE collecting your vehicle you must arrange payment to the repairer in the amount of the applicable Insurance Policy Excess. (Standard excess $500, other excess amounts may apply as above.) You can pay this on University Credit Card, or by FS03 Expenditure Claim.
- Collect the vehicle. No further paperwork is required.
Insurance Cover for Private Vehicles on University Business
UniSA does not generally provide insurance for staff personal vehicles. Employees who are required to use their own vehicles for work related purposes must have the vehicle comprehensively insured. Please refer to Use of Private Vehicle for Business Travel guidelines for more details.
In the event of a motor vehicle accident while using your vehicle for work related purposes you must first claim against your own comprehensive insurance. You may be eligible to claim reimbursement of any policy excess against UniSA insurance. Please contact the Insurance Office to discuss.
(Please note: In order to claim against UniSA insurance you must be able to provide evidence of prior approval for use of the vehicle for work related purposes).