Personal Accident

Any enroled student who is injured while participating in an approved University related activity is provided with Personal Accident insurance through the University. This insurance also provides cover while travelling directly to and from these activities and is designed to cover death, disablement or loss of income following an accident. Limited cover is provided for medical and emergency transport expenses, but does not apply to any part of an expense that is wholly or partially claimable through Medicare.

Injured Students should be directed to seek appropriate medical care in a public hospital (unless they hold their own private hospital cover).

  • International students claim against their Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) insurance in the first instance.
  • This is a reimbursement policy. Students are responsible for payment of all medical accounts.
  • An Incident Report should be completed and submitted to the Insurance Office as soon as possible following any incident that may give rise to a claim.
  • The policy excess for Student Personal Accident insurance is $50. The University is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the student that are not recoverable from insurance including expenses that result from illness/sickness.