Travel Insurance

The University has partnered with International SOS to offer our staff and students medical, safety and security advice, referrals, emotional support and routine and emergency assistance when travelling or living abroad.

Click here (PDF 606KB) for more details on services provided.

International SOS (PDF 606KB) can be contacted from anywhere in the world (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

Call or go online:

+61 2 9372 2468 (you can contact the local operator and request a reverse-charge call)

UniSA member number: 12AYCA773040


Download the Assistance App:

The mobile app provides immediate access to the assistance centre where medical, security or logistical experts are on hand to provide routine advice or support in an emergency. You will find up-to-date advice and real-time alerts for the locations you are travelling to.

All travel booked through the University's Travel Management Companies will automatically be known to International SOS.  For all other University-related international travel (e.g. when arranged by third parties or privately-arranged student travel), all staff and students are required to forward their itinerary to International SOS via from a staff or student email address to ensure that International SOS and the University can provide support and assistance in the event of an emergency.  Note: to use this feature, it is necessary to first create a MyTrips profile using a UniSA staff or student email address.  MyTrips User Guide (PDF 993KB).

The following people are covered by the University's travel insurance while travelling on behalf of the University anywhere in the world:

  • staff
  • spouse and up to 2 children of Senior Staff
  • students undertaking study related travel (i.e. placement, study tour, exchange)
  • research students
  • non-employees for whom the University arranges and in most cases funds travel

You must contact the Insurance Office if:

  • your trip exceeds 180 days
  • you are a staff member whose personal travel exceeds 50% of your trip
  • you are a student or non-employee who has any personal travel in conjunction with your UniSA travel
  • you are over 75 years of age, and/or
  • you have an existing medical condition which could require treatment or medication while travelling

Once you have confirmed your journey is covered under the University's travel insurance, we recommend you print the following pages and carry them with you:

Non urgent enquiries can be directed to the Insurance Office + 61 8 8302 1678.

  • cards can be ordered by emailing the University Travel Team
  • mainland China Emergency Cards are also available
  • these cards are provided for convenience only and are in no way required to be carried to validate insurance coverage

Chubb Insurance offers UniSA staff and students discounted travel insurance for personal travel. If you would like a quote please follow the link.

This link provides access to Chubb Insurance website. From there you can obtain a quote and proceed to purchase personal travel insurance from Chubb Insurance (Australia) Ltd.

Once you click on this link you will leave the UniSA website. The website you will enter is run by Chubb Insurance. The insurance product is provided by Chubb Insurance. The sale of this product is by Chubb Insurance Ltd and not UniSA.

UniSA does not provide advice or recommendations for your selection of insurance cover for personal travel. UniSA does not endorse the services provided by Chubb Insurance, or receive remuneration or benefits for making this product available to our staff.

UniSA takes no responsibility for personal non-business-related-travel or insurance.

All before and after sales service and enquires for personal travel insurance must be directed to Chubb Insurance using the contact details on their website.

This product is not specifically designed or targeted for your needs as a member of UniSA.

UniSA does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or currency of information on Chubb's website. UniSA does not guarantee the availability or accessibility to the website nor that the website will be free of defects, viruses or errors.